I have over 8 years of professional design experience and have been a student of design for much of my life. If you are really interested in knowing more, here's a brief history of me and my experience.
- Building brands for Act Build Change, Tritonic Works and The Wanderer.
- Working with charitable organisations such as Elephant Family and Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
- Left full-time employment to start my own design business.
- Freelanced for companies such as Foxtrot Papa, Futureproof, Ave Design, Appear Here and Energy Design.
- Clients include Jaguar Land Rover, the FA, Sustainable Restaurant Association and International SOS.
- Got a Junior Designer job at Sherry Design and quickly moved up to Middleweight Designer role.
- Clients include Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, British Transport Police, Transport for London, Kick It Out and Myeloma UK.
- Key designer for Ideas in Motion, a sustainable transport project for Southend, which won numerous national awards for it’s positive effects in the community.
- Developed project management and client relationship skills; delivering presentations and training sessions.
- Design assistant for Finn Magee, product designer. Working on branding and website projects.
- Built the brand for Collaborative Arts Network, an online network for creatives. Also lead on design for partner projects.
- Went to London to get a degree and pursue the dream.
- Got a 2:1 Honours Degree in Graphic Design at University of East London.
- Did a Foundation Degree in Graphic Design at Newcastle College. Learned the fundamentals of professional design and the required technical knowledge.
- Interned at design companies, Neil Wilson Design and Solution Group.
- Took a National Diploma in Graphic Design at Newcastle College. Started to really learn about design and that people actually got paid to do it.
- Lead youth workshops around Newcastle. Often working with youth groups from tough neighbourhoods, painting murals in local communities with a focus on their issues and development.
- Went to secondary school, decided to take double art and graphics over double science.
- Spent a lot of time doing drawings and paintings for family and friends.
- Got a PlayStation with second hand games in which the covers were sometimes missing or torn. I redrew and created my own covers. It was the start of my design career as I know it.
- Won an award for my calligraphy at Cantonese Sunday school in Newcastle’s Chinatown. As a five year old, I didn’t want to go to school on Sundays, so my artistic career (and Cantonese) was put on hold.
- Born in Dublin. With a Chinese dad and Irish mam, became one of the first generation ‘Chirish’.
- Soon moved to Newcastle. Yes, it's cold and wet but so is Ireland.